This card along with the code also has the fingerprints of an Individual on it. It is authorized by the Unique Identification Authority of India. This was formed by the Government of India in order to have smooth organization.
How to Download Duplicate Aadhar Card
Aadhar Card status can be checked in a number of ways – for example, online, through SMS or by calling the Aadhar Helpline. However in all these methods one needs to have the unique Aadhar Enrollment ID, also known as EID.
There are some mandatory and really important documents one needs to possess, that would be your Identification, Residential and Age proof. The required documents are mentioned below in detail.
Identification Proof – Passport, Pan Card, Passport, PAN card, Driver’s License, Photo credit card, etc.
Residential Proof: Passport, Pan Card, Passport, PAN card, Driver’s License, Photo credit card, electricity bills (not older than 3 months), water bills (not older than 3 months) etc.
- Just in case one loses access or forgets his/her enrollment ID (EID) it can be retrieved by Name by visiting the UIDAI webpage https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid. (check the screenshot below)find aadhar card enrollment number by name
- Once on the page, press the button next to Enrollment No (EID) under ‘You want to receive your lost:’ section.
- The entire process of retrieving the EID is divided into two steps. In Step One, one needs to mention his/her name with exact spellings as specified at the time of enrollment. (Salutations like Dr., Mr. etc. need not be mentioned).
- In email field, write down the email ID or enter the Mobile No mentioned at the time of enrollment. One has the option of entering one of the details among the two.
- For applicants who have not registered their email ID it is mandatory to use their mobile number to retrieve the lost data.
- Write down the CAPTCHA details correctly and click on Get OTP button to get a unique code on mobile phone or email. Keep the tab open and wait for the OTP to reach you (which generally takes maximum of 2 minutes).
- Once OTP is received on the same page under Step 2 , enter the OTP just received and click on Verify OTP.
- Once everything mentioned above is done correctly one receives a SMS on his/her mobile mentioning the Enrollment ID (ID). This can now be used to determine the Aadhar Card status by name online using following steps.
- Visit the Aadhar status page on UIDAI Resident Portal at https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Enter the EID just received followed by the exact date and time of enrollment also mentioned in the SMS.
- Write down the security code written in the image.This helps the system prevent spams / bots clogging the Aadhar servers with unnecessary requests.
- Click on Check Status button and the present status of Aadhar Card shall be displayed.
- In case the Aadhar Number has been allotted, same shall also be mentioned clearly on the status page.
- So, this is how you do Aadhar Card status enquiry by name. We also recommend you to check the status of your application regularly for 96 hours after enrollment (that is, submission of the form). In case of any discrepancies in data submitted; same can be corrected within this period easily. Otherwise a fresh application shall have to be made again for enrollment of UIDAI Card.